Production Leader - W.L. Gore (Flagstaff, AZ)
Posted: Tuesday, January 1, 2013 10:37 AM
Gore is a technology-driven global company built on entrepreneurial innovation, integrity, and teamwork. Through our product leadership, we've been changing lives and changing industries, including medical devices, fabrics, electronics, and manufacturing, for more than 50 years. What can you change by joining Gore? Visit gore.com/change-life to find out. Job DescriptionGore Medical Products has provided creative therapeutic solutions to complex medical problems for 35 years, saving and improving the quality of lives worldwide. As a leading manufacturer of vascular grafts, endovascular and interventional devices, surgical meshes for hernia repair, and sutures, we are looking for a Production Leader to join our team in Flagstaff, AZ. If you are searching for a company where you can make a difference, we're looking for you. In this role, you will lead and support manufacturing teams in our Flagstaff facilities. The ideal candidate will:
- Be passionate about leading teams that manufacture state-of-the art implantable medical devices
- Be energized by working for a world-class manufacturer and collaborating on cross-functional teams
- Recognize the importance of building and maintaining strong interpersonal relationships
- Ownership for the manufacturing of a medical device product line.
- Lead manufacturing team (20-40 associates).
- Execute the production plan and help develop an appropriate resource plan to meet demand over the next 6 months.
- Help identify and resolve supply chain risks.
- Ensure manufacturing goals align with long term strategies.
- Ensure team compliance to safety, quality system and regulatory requirements.
- Own or support non-conformance resolutions (NCR's) and Corrective and Preventative Actions (CAPS's)
- Perform Manufacturing review for Change Orders and partner with QA.
- Develop, monitor and communicate progress on key performance metrics.
- Interface with New Product Development teams to transition new products or product changes to commercial production
- Lead continuous improvement efforts and utilize lean manufacturing tools.
- Develop area leaders and manufacturing associates to create bench strength, leadership succession and a strong team.
- Inspire the team through consistent communication, associate involvement and driving positive change.
- Ensure appropriate skills and flexibility in manufacturing.
- Participate with the Hiring team and drive hiring decisions for the facility's manufacturing team.
- Guide appropriate new hire training programs and cross-training activities.
- Partner with Support Associates to assure effective, aligned support of the manufacturing operation.
Required Job Qualifications
- Bachelor degree or comparable experience, and a strong technical aptitude.
- A minimum of three years demonstrated leadership experience.
- Hands on experience and demonstrated success using lean mfg tools.
- Math/computer skills for calculation and reporting of manufacturing indices/metrics such as equipment capacity, staffing, TAKT times, kanban levels yields. etc.
- Ability to develop and execute plans and drive projects to completion.
- Excellent planning, team building and organizational skills.
- Effective oral and written communication and computer skills.
- Demonstrated work style of hands-on involvement.
- Flexibility to modify working hours to meet specific commitments.
- Demonstrated ability to fairly and directly address performance issues, establish expectations and hold others accountable while maintaining a positive environment.
- Track record of successful hands-on involvement with manufacturing and support team members.
- Willingness and ability to work in a clean-room environment.
- Ability to:
- Work effectively within teams, both as a leader and team member.
- Work independently and within teams to meet business needs.
- Follow and enforce medical-device manufacturing procedures.
- Experience in a regulated manufacturing environment.
- Hands-on knowledge of quality systems.
- Willingness to continue developing own technical and leadership skills.
• Location: Flagstaff
• Post ID: 20960300 flagstaff